Boca Rejuvenation’s Anti-Aging Services
Boca Rejuvenation and Wellness has Doctors and Clinical Advisors on staff to develop individual plans for clients wishing to take advantage of Testosterone, HGH treatments, and the HCG diet protocol. For the right candidate, Dr. Galvin replaces hormones to levels that existed in the body at age 25 – 30. Since declining hormones cause men and women to age, it is logical that replacing those hormones would positively affect the aging clock, creating a more useful physiology.
In addition to the staff in Florida, the clinic has a network of board certified physicians and nurse practitioners across the U.S. The Doctors will schedule blood work at a nationally accredited laboratory closest to the patient’s home. Based on the results, one of the BRW physicians will implement a bioidentical hormone replacement protocol specifically for an individual.
Some of the Services offered include:
Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy
Bioidentical hormones are identical in molecular structure and function to the hormones produced in the human body. While hormone replacement therapy has been around for over 60 years, bioidentical hormone replacement therapy is a recent advancement in the replenishment of human hormones. Bioidentical hormones are taken from soy or yam products, and because of their identical nature, they cannot be patented, which is why they are only recently becoming more mainstream. Thousands of patients have been able to benefit from bioidentical hormones without the unpleasant side effects caused from other forms of hormone replacement.
Hormone Balancing For Menopause
Bioidentical hormone replacement therapy offers a solution to the many physical symptoms of menopause. The regular cycling of these hormones can begin to change in the mid-thirties and symptoms likely begin in the mid-forties as women begin the process known as peri-menopause. It is the time when levels of key hormones such as estrogen, progesterone and testosterone begin to fluctuate and other hormones such as growth hormone, DHEA and thyroid begin to decline. Perimenopause continues until periods stop and the woman enters menopause. Although menopause is often treated as a disease by doctors, women know menopause is a natural and inevitable transition from one stage of life to another. Puberty marks the beginning of reproductive life, while menopause marks the end.
Priapus Shot (p-shot)
What is the Priapus Shot®?
The Priapus Shot®, like the O-Shot® for women, can dramatically improve men’s sex lives with an all-natural, painless and non-surgical procedure that harnesses the power of blood platelet. Boca Rejuvenation offers this revolutionary approach to help erectile dysfunction and increase penis size.
All-Natural, Painless and Non-Surgical
The Priapus Shot® procedure is performed in our medical offices and takes less than an hour. Blood is drawn and separated to retrieve the platelet-rich plasma (PRP). This plasma contains growth factors that stimulate stems cells in your body. Because a topical numbing agent is used, the procedure is painless. The PRP is injected in several areas of the penis. Suction is then applied for 10 minutes to help distribute the PRP evenly and keep it in place. You may resume normal activities immediately afterward.
What is the O-Shot®?
After giving birth, or as they age, some women notice that their sensations have faded. Data suggests that this is present in about 40% of women. If you are feeling sexually uninspired and less interested in sharing intimacies, you’ll be pleased to know that there is a solution for you. The O-Shot® is a revolutionary approach to restoring the sensations that you’ve lost or perhaps, in some cases, never had.
All-Natural, Painless, & Non-Surgical
The O-Shot® is an all-natural, painless and non-surgical procedure that can rejuvenate and revitalize vaginal and clitoral function, giving you dramatically improved sensitivity and significantly enhancing your sex drive. This is accomplished by injecting platelet-rich plasma from your own blood near the clitoris and vaginal wall (after the area is thoroughly numbed). The PRP’s (Platelet Rich Plasma) then release several growth factors that stimulate growth and repair, activating localized stem cells.
Testosterone is offered in oral, injectable and topical creams. By increasing a deficient testosterone level your sex drive is greatly enhanced, your recovery time is decreased for your work out and for life’s daily stresses. By increasing our clients nitrogen retention through the regulation of testosterone, the now volatized skeletal muscle greatly decreases body fat. The adipose tissue is now used to fuel the mitochondria of their muscle, thus speeding up their metabolism. Testosterone strengthens your heart, lowers cholesterol, and greatly increases ones general sense of well being, elevating and in most cases curing depression.
Lab tests performed in diagnosing and monitoring primary hypothyroidism are serum TSH and Free Thyroxine Index (FT4I). The first step in evaluation is to measure serum TSH and free T4 index or serum free T4. Overt primary hypothyroidism reveals a rise in TSH and free serum T4 level is low. If the serum free T4 is low and the TSH is normal or low then diagnosis of central hypothyroidism or non-thyroidal disease can be made2. Additional tests might include free T4, thyroid autoantibodies such as anti-thyroglobulin autoantibodies and anti-thyroid peroxidase, and in the case of suspicious thyroid structure then a thyroid scan and/or ultrasonography. Less common but very important tests also include total T3 and free T3 as TSH is often normal indicating euthyroid despite adequate T3 levels, which could be indicative of Wilson’s Syndrome.
A PRP injection for a facelift is a newer procedure. However, it is quickly gaining popularity amongst both medical professionals and patients. This is because it has proven in many cases to be effective. It also is a simple and non-invasive procedure. Blood platelets are central to the effectiveness of PRP therapy because they contain growth factors and other proteins. Growth factors help to jumpstart the healing of soft tissue damage. It also helps to stimulate the growth of collagen. Once the growth factors are injected into the face, it begins to naturally rejuvenate itself.
Along with the PRP injections we apply Micro-Needling to assist with the rejuvenating process and also a syringe of Juvederm® to provide volume and fullness where needed. PRP, when used on the neck, can be very effective; other types of injections can be somewhat problematic. There is no allergic reaction and no side effects, the results are certainly quite noticeable.
The first benefit noticed by many patients and their doctors is that the plasma is developed from the patient’s own blood. This eliminates risks associated with donor genetic materials such as allergies, hypersensitivity and other adverse reactions. Many patients are also drawn to the natural qualities of using elements of their own body rather than chemicals or donated cells.
The second benefit, which many patients like to hear, is the effectiveness of the treatment. When used to stimulate the restoration of hair follicles, studies have shown it to be very effective. Typically results are seen within 2 months following treatment. Another important consideration of many patients is cost. Fortunately the treatment has proven to be very affordable and cost effective, especially when compared to other surgical treatment options. A study published by the European Journal of Plastic Surgery stated that “PRP” injections are simple and efficient, have minimal morbidity with a low cost-to-benefit ratio and can be regarded as a very valuable alternative for hair restoration treatment.
Botox Cosmetic is a physician-administered treatment that can temporarily smooth moderate to severe lines and wrinkles between the brows. It is the only treatment of its type approved by the Food and Drug Administration and is intended for use on people from 18 to 65 years of age. Botox Cosmetic is a purified protein produced by the Clostridium botulism bacterium, which reduces the activity of the muscles that cause those frown lines between the brows to form over time.
Prescription Dysport is an injection used to temporarily smooth moderate to severe frown lines. Dysport works by blocking the signal from the nerve to the muscles. Ultimately, this results in a reduction of muscle activity and temporarily prevents the treated muscles from contracting, causing frown lines. It is recommended to have a Dysport treatment every 3-4 months. Frown lines (wrinkles) occur when the muscles that control facial expression contract, tightening over and over. Dysport is injected to tighten these muscles for up to 4 months.
Juvéderm dermal filler was FDA-approved in June 2006 for the treatment of moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds such as nasolabial folds, which are those lines that extend from your nose to the corners of your mouth. Juvéderm is a gel implant that includes hyaluronic acid, a natural complex sugar that bolsters skin elasticity, providing a smooth and supple appearance. It is biocompatible, supplementing the body’s natural hyaluronic acid, which age has depleted.
If you have visible signs of aging, which may include hyper-pigmentation, dead or flaky skin, or even blemishes, our medical-grade facials will make a real difference. At Boca Rejuvenation our signature facial services are available in a safe, clean and comfortable environment. Your aesthetician will be happy to recommend any options that are available within the treatment plan you have selected, as well as a simple and effective home-care program.
A treatment is designed to address fine lines and wrinkles and reveal smoother, vibrant younger looking skin. When performed in a series, our aesthetician can safely and gradually increase the strength of each treatment to accelerate cell turnover. The illuminating Peel is an alternative facial, best for unhealthy, pre-maturely aging, fragile skin that has a sallow and dull complexion, with medium wrinkles and creases. It provides instant radiance- tighter, smoother, brighter-looking skin after just one use.
Moisture Replenishing Treatment
This facial features glycolic acid and fruit enzymes to dissolve problematic dead skin cells and promote cellular renewal needed for hormonally imbalanced skin. A scientifically formulated peptide blend reduces the appearance of medium-to-deep-wrinkles and refines uneven texture, color and tone. Plant-derived phytoestrogens improve elasticity and skin moisture. The results include increased elasticity and stimulate collagen, ultimately exposing younger, fresher skin.
Sun Damage Repair Treatment
This scientifically proven facial is designed to reverse the signs of aging that result from everyday environmental factors such as sunlight, pollution and stress. Rich in antioxidants including vitamin C, the facial features a patented infusion technology, which delivers pure vitamin C directly to the skin to maximize wrinkle fighting, collagen production and free-radical protection. Skin pigmentation will fade, fine lines and wrinkles will smooth, and you will discover increased clarity, brightness and firmness.
Sensitive Skin Treatment
This facial will soothe and neutralize Rosacea-like redness and sensitive skin. The treatment involves the application of two deeply calming facial masks and no steam or extractions. The products used have been formulated with antioxidants ant anti-inflammatories, which cool the skin on contact, instantly alleviating redness and restoring hydration. Your skin will be left looking and feeling calm.
Collagen Regeneration Therapy
Micro-Channel CRT (Collagen Regeneration Therapy) is a technique which promotes your body’s own natural production of collagen and regeneration of cells. The process has the ability to smooth out scars, diminish wrinkles and can soften the uneven discolorations on the skin. The therapy is classified as a minimally invasive technique that is long lasting and all natural in its ability to rejuvenate the skin. While the protocol provides similar results to more invasive options, Micro-Channeling is far less injurious to one’s body and less painful. This allows for better longer term results with less damage to the epidermis layer of your skin because more healthy skin and blood vessels remain intact, promoting deeper healing and collagen production.
Boca Rejuvenation provides you with all of the tools necessary to achieve optimal fat loss.
CBC (Complete Blood Count)
The complete blood count (CBC) is often used as a broad screening test to determine the status of an individual’s general health.
CMP (Comprehensive Metabolic Panel)
The Comprehensive Metabolic Panel (CMP) provides an evaluation of organ function and checks for conditions such as diabetes, liver disease, and kidney disease.
The lipid profile is a group of tests that are often ordered together to determine risk of coronary heart disease. They are tests that have been shown to be good indicators of whether someone is likely to have a heart attack or stroke caused by blockage of blood vessels or hardening of the arteries (atherosclerosis).
The Thyroid Panel provides an evaluation of thyroid gland function and helps diagnose thyroid disorders.
The HCG Diet
With HCG, your body has a constant and steady supply of energy and an improved metabolism. This keeps you from feeling hungry, tired, weak, or irritable. When dieting without HCG, and especially when eating only a couple meals a day, your body thinks you are starving, your metabolism slows down using your muscle for energy and your body begins to store your body fat because it does not know when the next meal will come. When you’re done dieting without HCG, your body stays in that defensive mode of increased hunger, decreased metabolism, and storing all the calories it can until you have gained back all the weight you have lost and sometimes more.
Vitamin B12 Therapy
Some of the Benefits of Vitamin B12 Therapy includes:
- Synthesize carbohydrates, fats, and proteins (metabolism)
- Improves energy metabolism
- Handles stress better
- Reduces homocysteine
- Improves Immune function
- Increases Nerve cell function
- Helps as a sleep aid (indirectly)
- Decreases risk of Alzheimer’s and cognitive decline
Symptoms of a B12 Deficiency include:
- Memory Loss
- Personality and Mood Changes
Platelet Rich Plasma
Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) sometimes referred to as Autologous (using patient’s own blood) is exactly that, a gel harvested from someone’s blood whereby a high number of platelets are concentrated. Blood is made up of red blood cells, white blood cells, plasma and platelets. Platelets are known to aid in the healing process of all wounds and therefore the regeneration of cells. New data show that platelets release large doses of bioactive proteins, known as growth factors responsible for attracting macrophages, mesenchymal stem cells, and osteoblasts, which promote the removal of necrotic tissue and enhance tissue regeneration and repair. PRP has been accepted as a procedure by the National Football League, Major League Baseball and the National Basketball Association. Major innovative techniques include,Pain-Relief, Hair Restoration and Facial Rejuvenation.
Radio Frequency Sculpting
RF Sculpting therapy offers impressive cellulite reduction, skin tightening, weight loss, wrinkle reduction, and skin rejuvenation. RF Sculpting is suitable for men and women wanting to get rid of stubborn fat, cellulite or wrinkles non-surgically in areas such as the stomach, thighs, buttocks and arms. This amazing procedure is suitable where regular exercise and diet have failed and requires no downtime.
Sclerotherapy For Varicose and Spider Veins
Aging can cause many less-than attractive changes in the body, and one of the most common unpleasant aspects of growing older is the appearance of varicose and spider veins. Aside from being unsightly, these veins can cause real physical discomfort such as night cramps, aching and burning. Almost half of the female adult population in the United States will develop varicose or spider veins at some point in their lives. For many years these millions of women had no recourse other than to keep these unsightly veins or go through painful surgery and rehabilitation. Fortunately, new treatments from abroad have showed tremendous results in easing the suffering of millions of men and women. Sclerotherapy is a revolutionary treatment from Europe that significantly reduces the appearance of veins by collapsing the blood vessels, which in turn causes them to disappear. The procedure often takes just a few minutes and your new legs will be ready for public view after about one-two weeks. Additionally, few patients ever complain about ill effects after the procedure.
- CBC with differential – The complete blood count (CBC) is one of the most commonly ordered blood tests. A complete blood count (CBC) gives important information about the kinds and numbers of cells in the blood, especially red blood cells, white blood cells and platelets. A CBC checks for any symptoms, such as weakness, fatigue, or bruising, you may have. A CBC also helps diagnose conditions, such as anemia, infection, and many other disorders.
- Chem-20 or comprehensive metabolic panel – A comprehensive metabolic panel is a group of chemical tests performed on the blood serum (the part of blood that doesn’t contain cells). This test checks the general function of the liver, kidneys, acid/base balance, various electrolytes, blood sugar, the blood minerals and proteins. An acid/base balance is important because a healthy individual tends to eat alkaline-based foods. If the body remains acidic for too long it creates an ideal environment for cells to transform, degenerate and age prematurely.
- Complete Lipid Panel – A blood test that measures lipids – fats and fatty substances used as an energy source by the body. This includes cholesterol, triglycerides, high-density lipoprotein (HDL), and low-density lipoprotein (LDL). Lipids are found in your blood and are stored in tissues. They are an important part of cells, and they help keep your body working normally.
- Thyroid Panel with free T3 – A thyroid panel is a group of tests that are often ordered together to help evaluate thyroid gland function and to help diagnose thyroid disorders. The thyroid gland regulates metabolism and maintains ideal body temperatures. The tests included in a thyroid panel measure the amount of thyroid hormones in your blood. These hormones are chemical substances that travel through the bloodstream and control or regulate your body’s metabolism, which is how it functions and uses energy.
- FSH (follicle-stimulating hormone) – A follicle-stimulating hormone test measures the amount of follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH) in a blood sample. FSH is produced by the pituitary gland. In women, FSH helps control the menstrual cycle and the production of eggs by the ovaries. The amount of FSH varies throughout a woman’s menstrual cycle and is highest just before she releases an egg (ovulates). In men, FSH helps control the production of sperm. The amount of FSH in men normally remains constant.
- Vitamin D – Vitamin D is essential to longevity and a healthy immune system. Sufficient levels of Vitamin D are normally absorbed into the body through daily exposure to sunshine; however, a growing number of people don’t spend enough time outside to get adequate levels of Vitamin D from the sun.
- LH (luteinizing hormone) – The LH blood test measures the amount of luteinizing hormone (LH). LH is a hormone released by the pituitary gland. In women, an increase in LH levels at mid-cycle causes ovulation. In men, LH stimulates production of testosterone. An abnormal test result in men and women can be the results of hypogonadism and menopause.
- Estradiol – An estradiol test measures the amount of estradiol in the blood. It’s the most important form of the hormone estrogen. The hormone plays a role in the distribution of body fat.
- Free and Total Cholesterol – Cholesterol is a waxy fat like substance that is important for normal body functioning. Cholesterol is used for cellular functions and the production of hormones. Cholesterol is a soft, waxy substance found in all parts of the body. Your body makes some cholesterol, and some cholesterol comes from the food you eat. The free and total cholesterol blood test measures high-density lipoprotein (HDL), low-density lipoprotein (LDL), triglycerides and lipids.
- PSA – Prostate-specific antigen (PSA) is a protein produced by cells of the prostate gland. The PSA test measures the level of PSA in the blood. Because PSA is produced by the body and can be used to detect disease, it is sometimes called a biological marker or a tumor marker.
- Progesterone – A progesterone test measures the amount of the hormone progesterone in a blood sample. Progesterone is a female hormone produced by the ovaries during release of a mature egg from an ovary (ovulation). A progesterone test monitors the success of various progesterone treatments.
- SHBG (sex hormone binding globulin) – A SHBG test is primarily ordered to evaluate the status of a patient’s androgens – the male hormones. With men, the issue of concern is testosterone deficiency, while with women the concern is excess testosterone production. A total testosterone may be ordered prior to or along with a SHBG test.
- IGF-1 – IGF-1 stands for insulin-like growth factor 1, which is the polypeptide or long chain protein hormones that are secreted by the pituitary gland for the purpose of growth. IGF-1 is an insulin receptor that enables the growth of the skeletal muscle cells. Low IGF-1 levels may lead to decreased muscle mass, fatigue and poor stamina.
- DHEA – DHEA (dehydroepiandrosterone) is an endogenous hormone (made in the human body), and secreted by the adrenal gland. DHEA serves as precursor to male and female sex hormones (androgens and estrogens). DHEA levels in the body begin to decrease after age 30.
- Vitamin D3 – Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol) is one of the most useful nutritional tools we have at our disposal for improving overall health. Vitamin D is essential for bone health and a deficiency can lead to impaired bone mineralization and bone softening diseases.
- Vitamin B12 – Vitamin B12, also called cobalamin, is important to good health. It helps maintain healthy nerve cells and red blood cells, and is also needed to make DNA, the genetic material in all cells, and maintain a healthy nervous system. A vitamin B12 test measures the amount of vitamin B12 in the blood.
- Folic Acid – Folic acid is a B vitamin. It helps the body make healthy new cells. Folic acid is needed for the proper development of the human body. It is involved in producing the genetic material called DNA and in numerous other bodily functions. Folic acid is used for preventing and treating low blood levels of folic acid, anemia, the inability to absorb nutrients properly, some cancers (colon and cervical), memory loss, reducing the signs of aging, weak bones and much more.
Colleen Galvin, P.A., D.O.M. has helped many patients in the Boca Raton Florida area to regain optimal levels of health and improve their levels of health and wellness. Her practice is centered on helping patients obtain their health related goals with specialized wellness services. Contact Colleen Galvin, P.A., D.O.M. today to schedule your FREE Consultation!